BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION:
Definition of a Business Name means the name or style under which any business is carried on, whether in partnership or otherwise. (a.k.a Trading Name)
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO REGISTER A BUSINESS NAME:
1. Identification Card – we only accept Social Security, Voters ID, or Belize Passport; or Permanent Residence
2. Prescribed form (s) – Form 1, Form 2 or Form 3
3. Payment of $25.00 ; and
4. According to section 12(1) of the Act, any other document (s) that the Registrar (or authorized person) may think necessary to ascertain whether or not such person or the firm of which he is a partner should be registered under this Act.
* Foreigners will need to apply with a Belizean partner or someone with a Permanent Residence to be able to register a business name
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO REGISTER A CHANGE ON A BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION:
You will need :
1. FORM 6,7 or 8— to change Business Name, owner’s address , ownership etc;
2. Original Certificate or a Statutory Declaration from a Notary Public in the event the original certificate is lost;
3. Proper ID of all individuals involved; (old and new owners)
4. Signature of all individuals; (old and new owners).
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO CEASE A BUSINESS
1. Original Certificate or a Statutory Declaration from a Notary Public in the event the Original Certificate is irrevocably lost.
2. Form 9 filled out and signed by all parties registered under the Business Name.
3. Id’s of all the individuals mentioned in No. 2
4. Pay $25.00 Belize Dollars to register the Cessation of the Business Name.
IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER INFORMATION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE OFFICE AND A CLERK WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU.